– Author of “stand-up meets mid-life crisis memoir” I Laughed, I Cried: How One Woman Took On Stand-Up and (Almost) Ruined Her Life (Orion). No. 1 in Hot New Releases (Comedy) on Amazon.co.uk. Non-Fiction Pick of the Month: The Bookseller. “Hilarious” — GQ. “Breathless” — The Observer. “Triumphant” — Marie Claire. More reviews here.
– The Edinburgh show of I Laughed, I Cried is coming back in 2014: “Viv Groskop positively sparkles on stage…Funny, loveable, inspirational. A must-see. Five stars.” (Broadway Baby)
– The Guardian’s unofficial Downton Abbey correspondent. Series blog here (beware: spoilers). ”Just the best Downton reviews by Viv Groskop.” @Lonotarianni on Twitter
– Host of The Night I Died (producer: Suzanne Azzopardi of Literary Death Match), an improvised chat show about the joy and hell of live performance. Follow us on Twitter @TheNightIDied. More about our 2013 Edinburgh shows here. On our Edinburgh show for Granta/Hendricks: How to Read a Story: “A sell-out. Funny, instructive and intimately-performed. Four stars.” (Broadway Baby)
– Resident MC, Dead Parrot Society, Teddington. Next gigs: Nov 8, Dec 6, Royal Oak, Teddington.
Sequinned jumpsuit enthusiast. Literary Editor for Red magazine. Laissez-faire parent. Paper reviewer on Sky News. Panellist on BBC Radio 4’s Any Questions. Literary Death Match judge. Member of The Actors’ Centre. Downton Abbey fanatic. Author of “air-headed guff” (Telegraph reader) and ”Worst. Article. Ever” (Guardian reader). Loves to tweet. Hates avocados. Slightly overweight. Hair by Elnett. Name means ‘Lively Fathead’.
“Who do I like to read? Viv Groskop. Because she makes me laugh.” Claire Oldfield, MD of Wardour and judge, Editorial Intelligence Comment Awards
”Genius. Almost as good as the episode itself.” @marct_01 on Twitter
”Been reading Viv Groskop’s episode articles every week at the Guardian site. They are hilarious and very spoilerish.” @JanetRutter on Twitter
”I always love your reviews. The other papers do not compare!” @lobster_squad on Twitter
”Only just caught up with @VivGroskop‘s Downton Abbey blog for this week: as usual, it made me laugh out loud.” @clairenelson on Twitter
“I love this blog as much as Downton.” @LucyGosnay on Twitter
“Insightful AND snarky.” @bkjabour on Twitter
“Jelly for brains.” — Rod Liddle
“Very funny. Loved her.” — Brett Goldstein, 99 Club
“Fresh and exciting.” — Sara Pascoe, Channel 4′s Stand Up for the Week
“The wannabe middle class version of Julie Burchill. Not Boden well. Ahem.” — Independent reader comment
“Remind me to avoid anything she puts her pen to #numbskull” — Sky News viewer on Twitter
“Quickly! Tell this woman that she is rapidly going grey during the break!” — Sky News viewer @TomTheScottish on Twitter
“OMG!!!!!!! Who does this Viv Groskop think he is?” — Netmums thread
“Mr Critic, [...] your piffling opinions do not matter to us at all.” — comment on Downton Abbey blog, The Guardian
“jumpsuit-wearing, monkey-championing queen of costume drama” — @insomnihana on Twitter
“the only stand-up comedian who tweets about cabbage pies” — @richardlittleda on Twitter